Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kitty fanaticism

I've mentioned that both of us are serious Hello Kitty freaks - I thought I'd prove some portion of this for you today. These photos are of our Hello Kitty bento stuff. In my next post I'll show you some of our other bento things too, mostly bought at Daiso (Hurray for Japanese chain stores opening US branches!).

First, an overview of the set:



Now some closeups of various parts. The insulated bag:



The baran (food dividers):



The two-layer box:



A shot of some of the smaller items:



The curry bento, used for more liquid dishes (note: this may not be legitimate, I can't find the official Sanrio copyright on it):



The hard-boiled egg mold:



A furikake shaker. It's really too big for carrying with lunch, but I couldn't resist putting it in the photos:



Smaller containers, hashi (chopsticks) and a case:



Mayo cups and plastic sheets that can be used as decoration or as furikake stencils:



A shaped rice ball maker:



Rice ball holders, great if you want a snack:



And finally, tiny sauce bottles, with a dropper for filling them:



it's a pretty fine bento set so far, don't you think?

2 comments:

Jojo said...

where did you get all these items? I have been looking for them all over singapore! Does singapore have it? How much did you get them for?

deadrose said...

I bought most of them on eBay, from a seller in Hong Kong. The rest I picked up locally at one of the largest Asian grocery/gift stores.

I think I paid about $125 US with shipping.